- Jaan Hai Jahaan hai...((If) there's life, then there's the world!!!!)
- Exercise alone will not reduce your weight
1 Tea in the morning (with milk) - 100
4 Dosa with bowl of Sambar - (400+200) = 600
- Weight Change = Calorie intake - 2400 - Calories expended via exercise
- Working out for 1/2 hour does not give you the luxury of eating ice cream a day!!!
- Eat everything with Moderation
The reduction was very progressive, almost 1 kg per week.Attributed to
Eat 2000 Cal (which means 400 Cal shortfall X 7 ~ 2000 Cal)
Calories expended by daily cycling - 400 Cal (which means 400 X 5 ~ 2000 Cal)
Weekend Cycling - around 2000 Cal
Now the obvious question, does that mean you will have to starve or in other words don't you get the craving for food?
Honestly there will be some for the first week but then your body will realize that you can survive on this. Today when I eat more than that, I feel as though I have overeaten!!!
- You adjust mentally.. your body will physically adjust as well.. but Never Starve!!!!
Folks will say, let me starve for couple of days and I should get back to my shape (say while in College). Never do that.. Starving will cause issues like acidity, ulcer etc. A man can meet his nutritional requirements in 1400 to 1500 calories a day; however, there is no need to limit your calories to that level. Just have a bit of uptick say around 1800 or 2000 because the need for the body differs from person to person.
I have still 4 kgs to go before I reach my optimal BMI weight of 78 kg but I could not stop writing this blog to help folks who might be going through such a phase in life. Honestly I have tried and have been trying over the past to reduce it, I did gym, I did yoga, I did jogging, I did badminton all with intention of reducing weight, but it clicked when I realized the relationship with food intake and calorie burn. There is Suana belt, there is Abs pro and so on.. Ads for which will make you feel young and vying. But they are supporting things.. What you eat is as much important as working out.
- Eating more of Good things won't reduce your weight...
People say eat Badam or drink honey and so on to reduce weight but the crux of it all is the calories per day requirement. Eating more of Badam or honey will only make you fat and not reduce your weight..
It is difficult to check your cholesterol every day, so its better to use a proxy - use Weight reduction as a proxy. I went down from 155 to 117 over this period, which has reduced my risk levels and that o me is the first victory...
- You need a good indicator or a motivator that tells you that you are on the right path of weight reduction - invest in a weigh scale (cost you 500 at the max for digital). Accuracy is not important but what you need is an indicator that shows you are going down.
- Avoid snacking - if you are hungry in between meals eat Salads (they are low calories but will fill your tummy)
- Have a Physical exercise Hobby pick the one that you like so that you will have passion for continuing it.
- Make Physical exercise a part of your life say like if you want to go to the shop, walk. Climb stairs instead of lift.
- Eat early sleep early ; Eat early and sleep early. Try to have your dinner or the last meal around 7pm (if you are going to sleep by 10 pm).
- Eat food with high nutritional value ; Its OK to eat with high calorie count but also look for high nutritional value. For example a chat has same calorie count as Biriyani. But Biriyani has more nutritional value. So eat a Biriyani.
- Keep your motivational levels high